1.5K views

We signed up for travelers advantage when my mom and I were booking a room with Days Inn. I specifically told them I did not want to be signed up for anything other than Travelers Advantage. We were told that when we checked in at the Days Inn, we would be given $60 for the gas, and at each hotel we went to after that for our road trip we would also receive $60. When we got to our first hotel, they told us we needed to mail in the information we receive in the mail from Travelers Advantage and then we'd get $60.

We called Travelers Advantage after not receiving anything in the mail and they sent us a packet. We didn't send it in right away, that is our fault. But when I looked at my account it showed that we had been automatically signed up for Shoppers Advantage, something we did not authorize. We called to cancel right away. The agent asked me if I wanted to get Shoppers Advantage catalog, and told him absolutely not, that I did not want to be a member of either Travelers or Shoppers Advantage anymore. It's been 3 months, and we're still getting billed.

I called my bank and told them what was going on and we actually had to cancel the card. We're going to file a complaint and get a refund for those months. We are going to take this as far as we can and I encourage everyone to, this should not be acceptable.

I had to call and speak with a supervisor and I think I got her attention by asking for her full name, and employee ID. I told her to cancel the membership and I didn't want it in the first place, she got a little attitude and said "Ma'am if we don't receive a positive feedback we do not sign anyone up" even though I specifically said not to be signed up for anything else.

I got a cancellation number for both memberships, and she said she'll credit 2 months worth of billing to my account.

Had an Experience with Travelers Advantage?

Comments

Ok what everyone needs to do is 1) ask when where you last charged 2) tell them I do not want the service.That you don't care if I have paid for a month of service.

Make sure you say cancel cancel cancel. I have worked for a retention company and their job is to be slick about keeping you a member. Ask for cancellation number and don't be surprised if you don't get a refund because chances are no one else but you signed up for the membership and you just forgot about until you looked at your bill and realized $16.99 has been coming out. It probably left many of you negative in your account for you to realize this charge.

So just cancel the membership, forget about the refund that you think you are going to get back then you build your self a bridge get over it and be smart about not signing up for things you don't use.You all have a great day.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #747848

Cancelled my membership 2 weeks after signing up.Just realized I have been charged for 4 months.

Forgot which card was being charged so was checking the wrong card.NOw I will have to try and get a refund.

I too was billed for an unauthorized enrollment in "TLG Shoppers Advantage" (TLGSA), for 2 f***in' years, after I had cancelled a "Travellers Advantage" (TA) account just a few days after my initial enrollment in that.

I too never received any services or enrollment information from TLGSA.

When I finally noticed the charges, I called TLGSA customer service at the 800 # on my CC bill. They cancelled the "service", but only refunded 2 months of charges, and said I'd have to make a written request for the rest.

I also called the same TA # that I called 2 years ago to cancel. The TA rep. said TLGSA and TA are two separate "services" provided by the same company; He had access to account information for both TLGSA and TA.

Anyway, if it helps, here's the contact info that I got for TLG:

TLG Shoppers Advantage

Attn. Support Services

PO Box 6123

Westerville, OH 43086

Fax: 800 964 8115

Tel: 614 823 5161

My advice would be to first call TLGSA and ask them to reverse all unauthorized charges, and if that doesn't work, ask your credit card company to initiate a dispute and see what charges you can reverse that way.

FYI, Citibank reversed more than a year's worth of similar bad CC charges (for a cancelled gym membership). But BankOfAmerica said they could not automatically reverse more than about 4 months of the TLGSA charges.

I cancelled traveler's advantage about a year ago and had to argue with someone who didn't speak english very well for around 30 minutes.Finally they said they would cancel it.

I just viewed my online bank statement and there was a charge of 17.99.

What the ****!They will definitely be hearing from me.

I never received anything from shoppers advantage When I tried to cancel he wanted to give me another free 30 days and send me another package buy still it has not been received but I keep getting material from travelers adv which I did cancel. I'm about to check my cc statement now. This is ridiculous!!!!

I was told that Travellers Advantage was only available to me today, not tomorrow or any other day. That is enough to send me scampering in the opposite direction.

Okay but did anyone get their money back??? Please tell me. Tommyd1127@gmailcom

Okay so these people got me for 27 payments of 1299....number 1...where was my brain to let this go. Number 2....if I can meet these people....I swear id kick their monkey *** from ny to wilkersville ohio or whatevr the *** the town is

Cancelled over a year ago and now started finding that they once again started charging me when I started looking back at bank statements they started again 3 months ago. Keep an eye out for charges months after they stop billing.

I have their contact info:

1-800-548-1116