When I booked my hotel with Wyndham and got the offer to try Traveler Advantage program. I remember the guy that I spoke to on the phone said that it only costs me $1 and I will get $25 American Express cash back. I can cancel my membership any time, if I don't like it, I can cancel it after the first month, and get $25, "You spent $1 to get $25, you'll earn $24, no hurt to try" .... Today I called up and cancel the membership after sending my request to get the Amex $25 cash back and cash back for my hotel reservation in Oct. The guy that I spoke to on the phone to cancel my account, he said I won't receive my cash back if I cancel my membership. He said "you have to stay an active member in order to get that cash back. It takes 4-6 weeks to process that cash back mails I sent to them". 4 to 6 weeks? That means I will have to spend $16.xx for the 2nd month? So, it turned out that I don't spend $1 to get $25 like the guy who offered me from the beginning. Isn't that the scam or fraud? He just tried to hook me in get my $1 and hide a lot of small details ...
They also automatically added me in the Traveler Shopper membership and $1 charge for the 1st month trial too. This is a surprise for me, they didn't tell me this from the beginning. I also called to cancel it, got transferred to different department, talked to different guy, after the Traveler Advantage membership cancellation. This guy apologized and tried to get me to stay and everything. He talked a lot even after I told him I can't trust the service anymore. I had to cut him off and tell him, i am tired with all these untrustworthy business, just cancel my membership and this is my lesson. I don't want to deal with these thing no more ...
They really can make money even it's just $1. Don't know how long their business can last if they keep trying to get little little $1 like this with really untrustworthy way of doing business.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- ""This company is a scam. BEWARE PARENTS. We had the Full Refund Protection for $150 - but they do not honor it. I signed my daughter up for a trip to..."
- "There are no words to express how much I do not recommend to go with this service. They claim to save you money, but there is no goshdarn place to..."
- "I bought a lehenga and a saree from Fashion Ka Fatka USA. Firstly I received the item in some 1.5 months (AFTER A LONG WAIT) and that too with the..."
- "I received the ring as a gift. My mom.was disappointed aboit it but gave it to me anyway. It is false advertising because the ring I received was..."
- "This is the worst knights inn I have ever had the misfortune of staying at.None of the ammenities listed online are true.No breakfast of any sort,no business area, no pets,..."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."
- "I have been doing business with Webber and Grahn for 6 years. They installed the original equipment in my building and have maintained it ever sense. Their people are clean,..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."