Travelers Advantage - CHARGED BUT NEVER RECEIVED WHAT WAS PROMISED
Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental.I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail.
By the time I received it, the date of my purchase was outside of the allotted days to receive the rebate. -_- I called to have it cancelled. They tried to send me more, and promised that I could still get the rebate. Never happened.
I signed up in October 2014 and was charged until March 2015. They got a whopping $84.95 out of me. So I look at my statement again, and this month, June 2016, I was being charged again. Turns out, I was also signed up for Shopper's Advantage with the promise of a $20 gas card.
The odd thing is, I never signed up for this service, was never informed of the membership, and being charged from October 2014 to June 2014!!!!! So this means they have been taking a total of $33.98 per month for 5 months and 16.99 per month for the last 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's $220.87 + the $2.00 "temporary" withdrawal. Lesson learned.
I will monitor my account more efficiently from this day forward by putting my bills to one account, and will NEVER sign up for any "program" especially ones via Thrifty Car Rental.
They were the ones who offered it to me.-_- Houston, TX; The Thrifty Car Rental place on Old Spanish Trail in the Medical Center.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This sleeping bag is horrible,horrible,horrible,horrible the zipper gets snagged and snagged over and over again, doesn't zip, teeth on zipper comes undone and the track is broken and can't mend..."
- "Well, the European Whirl really lived up to its name - you are always on the go - very early starts and late finishes and loads to see and do..."
- "Why would any company force it's customers, whose money the company has taken, to sign a silencing agreement in order to cancel a service they are not using? This is the..."
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "I ordered my husband a flower and bear for Valentines last week. I ordered the bear with 3 flowers for $31.99 plus tax and delivery. the total being $51.41. What my husband..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."