Travelers Advantage - CHARGED BUT NEVER RECEIVED WHAT WAS PROMISED

39 of 181 Travelers Advantage reviews

Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental.I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail.

By the time I received it, the date of my purchase was outside of the allotted days to receive the rebate. -_- I called to have it cancelled. They tried to send me more, and promised that I could still get the rebate. Never happened.

I signed up in October 2014 and was charged until March 2015. They got a whopping $84.95 out of me. So I look at my statement again, and this month, June 2016, I was being charged again. Turns out, I was also signed up for Shopper's Advantage with the promise of a $20 gas card.

The odd thing is, I never signed up for this service, was never informed of the membership, and being charged from October 2014 to June 2014!!!!! So this means they have been taking a total of $33.98 per month for 5 months and 16.99 per month for the last 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's $220.87 + the $2.00 "temporary" withdrawal. Lesson learned.

I will monitor my account more efficiently from this day forward by putting my bills to one account, and will NEVER sign up for any "program" especially ones via Thrifty Car Rental.

They were the ones who offered it to me.-_- Houston, TX; The Thrifty Car Rental place on Old Spanish Trail in the Medical Center.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Car Rental
Review category
Travel
review #651944

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Travelers Advantage? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
39 of 181 Travelers Advantage reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.