Houston, Texas
100% full Not resolved

Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental.I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail.

By the time I received it, the date of my purchase was outside of the allotted days to receive the rebate. -_- I called to have it cancelled. They tried to send me more, and promised that I could still get the rebate. Never happened.

I signed up in October 2014 and was charged until March 2015. They got a whopping $84.95 out of me. So I look at my statement again, and this month, June 2016, I was being charged again. Turns out, I was also signed up for Shopper's Advantage with the promise of a $20 gas card.

The odd thing is, I never signed up for this service, was never informed of the membership, and being charged from October 2014 to June 2014!!!!! So this means they have been taking a total of $33.98 per month for 5 months and 16.99 per month for the last 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's $220.87 + the $2.00 "temporary" withdrawal. Lesson learned.

I will monitor my account more efficiently from this day forward by putting my bills to one account, and will NEVER sign up for any "program" especially ones via Thrifty Car Rental.

They were the ones who offered it to me.-_- Houston, TX; The Thrifty Car Rental place on Old Spanish Trail in the Medical Center.

Review about: Car Rental.

Review #651944 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $223
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Travelers Advantage?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.