Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental.I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail.
By the time I received it, the date of my purchase was outside of the allotted days to receive the rebate. -_- I called to have it cancelled. They tried to send me more, and promised that I could still get the rebate. Never happened.
I signed up in October 2014 and was charged until March 2015. They got a whopping $84.95 out of me. So I look at my statement again, and this month, June 2016, I was being charged again. Turns out, I was also signed up for Shopper's Advantage with the promise of a $20 gas card.
The odd thing is, I never signed up for this service, was never informed of the membership, and being charged from October 2014 to June 2014!!!!! So this means they have been taking a total of $33.98 per month for 5 months and 16.99 per month for the last 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's $220.87 + the $2.00 "temporary" withdrawal. Lesson learned.
I will monitor my account more efficiently from this day forward by putting my bills to one account, and will NEVER sign up for any "program" especially ones via Thrifty Car Rental.
They were the ones who offered it to me.-_- Houston, TX; The Thrifty Car Rental place on Old Spanish Trail in the Medical Center.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you have been contacted by Leisure Getaways for an timeshare update at a local eatery, save yourself the trouble and DO NOT get involved.Leisure Getaways is NOT RCI (as..."
- " See PDF attachment to view this message with a set of images taken off the internet from which point I was almost drawn into the scam.The..."
- "desertsafariabudhabitour. com centers too much upon ranking isn’t beneficial to a website furthermore. These people are silly! They chain a person coupled with regard to half a year saying outcomes..."
- "Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure...."
- "An oldie but goodie. They got me. Buyer protection is a lie. The seller has to agree he cheated you and to give you your money back. I must say..."
- "A&E notes While I have my service contract through Sears it is A&E that gets sent out. The following is about A&E Service. Notes about Sears visit for washer (2/6/14) around noon. The..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."