Travelers Advantage - Traveler advantage scam
When I booked my hotel with Wyndham and got the offer to try Traveler Advantage program. I remember the guy that I spoke to on the phone said that it only costs me $1 and I will get $25 American Express cash back. I can cancel my membership any time, if I don't like it, I can cancel it after the first month, and get $25, "You spent $1 to get $25, you'll earn $24, no hurt to try" .... Today I called up and cancel the membership after sending my request to get the Amex $25 cash back and cash back for my hotel reservation in Oct. The guy that I spoke to on the phone to cancel my account, he said I won't receive my cash back if I cancel my membership. He said "you have to stay an active member in order to get that cash back. It takes 4-6 weeks to process that cash back mails I sent to them". 4 to 6 weeks? That means I will have to spend $16.xx for the 2nd month? So, it turned out that I don't spend $1 to get $25 like the guy who offered me from the beginning. Isn't that the scam or fraud? He just tried to hook me in get my $1 and hide a lot of small details ...
They also automatically added me in the Traveler Shopper membership and $1 charge for the 1st month trial too. This is a surprise for me, they didn't tell me this from the beginning. I also called to cancel it, got transferred to different department, talked to different guy, after the Traveler Advantage membership cancellation. This guy apologized and tried to get me to stay and everything. He talked a lot even after I told him I can't trust the service anymore. I had to cut him off and tell him, i am tired with all these untrustworthy business, just cancel my membership and this is my lesson. I don't want to deal with these thing no more ...
They really can make money even it's just $1. Don't know how long their business can last if they keep trying to get little little $1 like this with really untrustworthy way of doing business.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Signed up at a car rental place to receieve $100 rebate on my rental. I never received the rebate, I had to call twice to receive paper in the mail...."
- "I purchased a Vegas package several years ago that I never got to use because of the tons of restrictions. Anyways since then I've received calls from them every couple..."
- "This sleeping bag is horrible,horrible,horrible,horrible the zipper gets snagged and snagged over and over again, doesn't zip, teeth on zipper comes undone and the track is broken and can't mend..."
- "I received the ring as a gift. My mom.was disappointed aboit it but gave it to me anyway. It is false advertising because the ring I received was..."
- "I bought a lehenga and a saree from Fashion Ka Fatka USA. Firstly I received the item in some 1.5 months (AFTER A LONG WAIT) and that too with the..."
- "BEWARE AACS is a DISGRACE (AACS is American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Michael Will, 2015 President, http://www.cosmeticsurgery.org/) because some of its faculty engaged in FRAUD. Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat..."
- "THE WORST FURNITURE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Delivery men left couch wedged in the doorway, couldn't fit it in, so they left it right there and left!!! I purchased a whole..."
- "I ordered 18 pink roses to be delivered to a patient that had a mastectomy. The item delivered was just a simple bouquet they called a "smiles" bouquet and..."
- "I bought the dress for my sister (a beautiful young girl) size: 10 color: red. The dress fit is great, the construction of the dress is amazing (It has 3..."